Positive Power Series
This Positive Power Series teaches kids the power of positive affirmations and how to incorporate them into their daily lives. Each book also features two pages of colorful stickers based on the story.
This set of 5 paperbacks includes the following titles:
1. I Am Brave follows a little girl as she navigates her own family vacation, complete with her first airplane ride, a giant water slide at the hotel, a spooky cave—with bats!—and the main role in a disappearing trick. Thankfully, with her brother, parents, and even a magician as a guide, she learns to overcome hesitation and embrace her family’s new adventures. Repeating the affirmation that “I am brave” allows courage to take over and helps her have a very happy vacation.
2. The little girl in I Am Helpful thought that having a baby sister would be fun. But with a different daily routine at home, and her parents constantly distracted by the family’s newest member, the little girl has a lot to adjust to. However, by helping her parents, and taking on special jobs, like singing to the baby, she learns that being a big sister comes with big rewards (though a little spit-up too). Through simply text and joyful illustrations, this final title in the Positive Power series inspires kids to help others while giving them the confidence they need to transform from little to BIG readers.
3. I Am Kind follows a little girl who sees kindness all around her. Her mother is kind when she volunteers in the community, and her neighbor is kind when he gives her strawberries from his garden. Even her nature troop is kind when they take care of the earth! The little girl realizes that she, too, has the power to be kind, and that even small actions can have a big impact. In this new installment of the Positive Power early reader series, children will learn the affirmation “I am kind” through an encouraging story of community and everyday kindness.
4. When his teacher announces that there will be a science fair in a few weeks, the young boy in I Am Smart is worried. He doesn't like science. Science is hard! But when his mom tells him to "look for the science in your life," he knows just what his project will be! By doing research, asking his friends for help, and not giving up, the boy learns that science can be really fun. Now that's smart!
5. It's Thanksgiving Day, and there's a lot to be done before turkey time! I Am Thankful follows a young boy through his busy holiday adventures, from running in the turkey trot to helping his family bake pies. Even though the weather might ruin the annual family football game, the jam-packed day proves there’s never a shortage of things to be thankful for. In this first installment of the Positive Power series, kids will learn the affirmation “I am thankful” through a delightful story of food, family, and fun.
Age recommendation: 4 to 6 years old
GREAT VALUE: $ 3.00 PER BOOK!